KeySmart MAP Policy
United States Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) Policy
Last Update: 01/01/2019
Curv Group LLC DBA “KeySmart” has adopted the following Minimum Advertised Price (“MAP”) policy for all KeySmart products. KeySmart’s goal in establishing this policy is to preserve our reputation with customers as a manufacturer of high-quality products. We have identified certain types of advertising as damaging to our brand’s reputation and confusing to consumers looking for our high-quality products.
KeySmart appreciates the support of our brand from our dealers who advertise our products as innovative and unique at or above our Minimum Advertised Price. It is our experience that consistent pricing results in more profit for all dealers over the long term.
- KeySmart intends to sell its products only to dealers that do not advertise its products below the MAP as set forth in this document. KeySmart will not do business with any dealer that knowingly violates the MAP policy.
- Dealers may advertise KeySmart products at or above the Minimum Advertised Price as listed on this website, and may advertise a higher MSRP than the MAP, as long as the listed price available to consumers is at or above MAP.
- For the purposes of the MAP policy, “advertising” includes any advertising through Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, billboards, newspapers, magazines, catalogues, brochures, retail flyers, online forums, e-commerce, and any dealer sites or internet sites which direct users to a web-based shopping cart.
- KeySmart may choose to enforce this policy through actions up to and including termination of a dealer that advertises any KeySmart product below the MAP set forth in the following document.
- KeySmart will use a “one strike policy” in regards to MAP violations, wherein dealers violating MAP will first be notified that they have violated KeySmart’s MAP policy. KeySmart will terminate relationships with a dealer that continues to violate KeySmart’s MAP policy after notification, or that later violates MAP policy again after a period of compliance.
KeySmart reserves the right to change MAP pricing, and will make updated pricing available through sales reps, who can be reached at email@example.com.
- It will NOT be a violation to advertise that a customer can “call for a price,” contact the dealer directly for additional discounts, or to provide discounts that can only be accessed through a selective member log-in, as long as the dealer does not include any advertised price below MAP and otherwise complies with this MAP policy. Additionally, it will not be a violation to offer rebates or product-specific discounts that can be applied via a coupon code, as long as the list price of the item remains at or above MAP.
- This policy does not apply to in-store advertising or to out of store promotional storewide or store department-wide sales or discounts that do not specifically reference KeySmart and/or any KeySmart products.
KeySmart will monitor compliance with this policy. Questions about whether a planned advertisement is in violation of KeySmart’s MAP policy can be directed to KeySmart’s sales team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to download the current MAP pricing by SKU.